- Supply Chain Strategies
- Values and Leadership
- Leading To Succeed
- Integrated Logistics Networks
- Logistics Process Diagnostics
- Team Dynamics
- Comprehensive Qualifier
"Logistics Process Diagnostics was one of the first modules I took with the Logistics Institute. It was and still is one of my favourite modules taken thus far, the facilitators and course content was amazing.
The “Beer game” is used to drive home the “Bull Whip Effect” and what causes it to occur. The bull whip effect is mainly caused by three underlying problems: 1) a lack of information, 2) the structure of the supply chain and 3) a lack of collaboration.
The Game: you are assigned to a group of 4 and participate as the Supplier, Manufacturer, Distributor or Retailer. The task is to produce and deliver units of beer: the factory produces and the other three stages deliver the beer units until it reaches the customer at the downstream end of the chain.
The aim of the players is rather simple: each of the four groups must fulfill incoming orders of beer by placing orders with the next upstream party.
Communication and collaboration are not allowed between supply chain stages, so players invariably create the so called Bull Whip Effect.
INTEGRATED LOGISTICS NETWORKS
This module provides you with the knowledge and helps you build skills necessary to promote customer value creation by optimizing each link in the supply chain. Working at your own pace, at times most convenient to you, you will develop daily/weekly operational management and micro-forecasting skills.
Participants will learn:
• How to design the optimal network
• How an appropriate distribution channel can be selected for their organization
• How to decide upon the appropriate trade-offs between transportation, warehousing and inventory costs in the logistics supply chain using modeling techniques.
• The role that Activity Based Costing can play in diagnosing and improving logistics process.
• The three distinct steps in demand data gathering (forecasting)
• The principles of demand management
• The principles of supplying demand internally or externally planning
• To create relationships between demand and inventory
• To develop their ability to employ a continuous improvement toolkit
• To develop their ability to carry out quality customer value creation programs
• An integrated channel management process that can improve both internal and external supply chain processes.
Program Info Request