This program was designed for logisticians working in tactical and supervisory careers, as well as for those aspiring to future managerial positions. The LS program aims at creating a foundation for a career in logistics and supply chain management. At the end of the program the participant will walk away with the skills/training as well as the accreditation to back it up.
The LS fills a need to prepare practitioners for a successful career in logistics. The problem solving skills learned in this program will align you with the skills to achieve your objectives effectively.
The Logistics Foundation program consists of core modules in the Essentials Series, Frontline Logistics and Integrated Logistics Networks. The program is completely online and accessed through an e-Learning account, created automatically for you when you register for a module. Estimated time to complete the program is 1-3 months.
Logistics Foundation Program
- 5 lessons (Online)
- Build basic knowledge and skill sets in logistics and supply chain
- Address specific knowledge gaps and hone current skills
- Provide operations staff with baseline training on supply chain operations
- By progressing through the five modules, an integrated picture of logistics and supply chain is developed
- Choose 5 of 14 lessons (Online)
- Develop the tools to solve the problems facing your organization
- Build your basic skill set in logistics and the supply chain
- Expand your résumé and knowledge base
- Improve your employment opportunities
- Address specific knowledge gaps and hone your established skills
- Attain knowledge in specific areas of supply chain management
Integrated Logistics Networks
- How to design the optimal network
- How an appropriate distribution channel can be selected for their organization
- How to decide upon the appropriate trade-offs between transportation, warehousing and inventory costs in the logistics supply chain using modeling techniques