This certification is designed for logisticians working in tactical and supervisory careers, as well as for those aspiring to future managerial positions. This program aims at creating a foundation for a career in logistics and supply chain management through this newly developed LS Pathway. At the end of the program the participant will walk away with the skills/training as well as the accreditation to back it up. This designation fills a need to prepare practitioners for a successful career in logistics. The problem solving skills learned in this program will align you with the skills to achieve your objectives effectively.
How to Earn the LS Designation
The newly designed Logistics Foundation program will consist of core modules in the Essentials Series, Frontline Logistics and Integrated Logistics Networks. The program will be completely online with the use of a Learning and Managing System (LMS). Estimated time to complete the program is 1-3 months.
This competency-based program is delivered 100% online in an asynchronous mode. Each module is self-directed, and can be accessed 24/7. All module content is owned exclusively by the Logistics Institute. The LS designation is protected by trademark registration.
How to Register and Get Started
- Individuals can select and register in any individual module or can customize bundles of modules to develop competencies in specific areas.
- Companies can select modules to be bundled into customized programs for in-house delivery
- To earn the LS [Logistics Specialist] professional designation, they must successfully complete the Logistics Foundation Program
Breakdown (Per Module)
|Integrated Logistics Networks||$651.00|
After the LS – Next Steps
By earning the LS, one becomes a member of the “logistics professional community of interest”. To retain the LS designation, members of this professional community of interest must:
- Maintain professional competence through a commitment to life-long learning, reporting annually to the Logistics Institute on courses, programs, and other activities engaged in during the membership year;
- Renew membership in the Logistics Institute by paying annual fees as determined by the Board of Directors
Continuing your professional career development with the P.Log designation. You have 12-18 months after completing the LS before deciding, during this time the fees from annual renewal will be adjusted when registering for the P.Log programs.
To earn the P.Log the path includes completing key courses in the Process Management Program:
- Supply Chain Strategies or Leading To Succeed
- Values and Leadership
- Logistics Process Diagnostics
- Team Dynamics
- Comprehensive Qualifier