This certification is designed for logisticians working in tactical and supervisory careers, as well as for those aspiring to future managerial positions. This program creates the foundation and prepares you for a successful career in logistics and supply chain management—at the end of the program you will walk away with the necessary skills & training and the accreditation to back it up. LS certified professionals are equipped with the problem-solving skills necessary to succeed in the 21st century supply chain landscape.
How to Earn the LS Designation
The Logistics Foundation program consists of core modules in the Essentials Series, Frontline Logistics and Integrated Logistics Networks. The program is completely online and accessed through an e-Learning account, created automatically for you when you register for a module. Estimated time to complete the program is 1-3 months.
This competency-based program is delivered 100% online in an asynchronous mode. Each module is self-directed, and can be accessed 24/7. All module content is owned exclusively by the Logistics Institute. The LS designation is protected by trademark registration.
How to Register and Get Started
- Individuals can select and register in any individual module or can customize bundles of modules to develop competencies in specific areas.
- Companies can select modules to be bundled into customized programs for in-house delivery
- To earn the LS [Logistics Specialist] professional designation, they must successfully complete the Logistics Foundation Program
Breakdown (Per Module)
|Integrated Logistics Networks||$651.00|
After the LS – Next Steps
By earning the LS, one becomes a member of the “logistics professional community of interest”. To retain the LS designation, members of this professional community of interest must:
- Maintain professional competence through a commitment to life-long learning, reporting annually to the Logistics Institute on courses, programs, and other activities engaged in during the membership year;
- Renew membership in the Logistics Institute by paying annual fees as determined by the Board of Directors
NEXT STEP: Continuing your professional career development, LS designates have advanced standing towards earning the P.Log designation. To earn the P.Log the path includes completing key courses in the Process Management Program:
- Leading To Succeed
- Values and Leadership
- Logistics Process Diagnostics
- Team Dynamics
- Comprehensive Qualifier