SC Certification Program
Credential Earned: SC-N Designation
By completing this program in full, participants will earn the SC-N [Supply Chain Negotiation] designation.
The SC-N is a public statement of competence as an effective negotiation strategist.
SC Certification Programs: Strategic Leadership in the 21st Century
While global business continues to become more complex due to big data, predictive analytics, increased security requirements and global management needs, 21st century supply chains need to be resilient, robust, and people-centric. Specialized competencies are required to meet these ever changing demands.
The Supply Chain [SC] Certification Program is a series of professional designations in specialized leadership areas that will equip supply chain logistics professionals with the competencies required to be effective and to succeed in the face of constant challenge, change and opportunity.
The fourth program in our series of SC programs is the Effective Negotiation Skills Program.
Negotiation in the Modern World
Over 60% of all business interactions are a negotiation, and improving each individual outcome is vital to the success of both individuals and their organizations.
This virtual program on effective negotiation is designed to enhance both persuasion and influencing skills to enhance participants’ leadership potential. It combines both the best of current thinking and over 30 years of practical consulting experience. It utilizes a range of proprietary assessments, purpose-built to enhance your negotiation skills.
You will emerge from this program not only a more effective negotiator but also with specific tools to enhance your success and influence.
- Practicing assertive behaviour
- Delivering persuasive arguments
- Key Tactics and how they work
- Developing an Intelligent negotiation strategy and plan
- Moving the dialogue when it gets sticky
- Understanding Psychology of Individuals
- Conflict Resolution
|Assertive Behavior||how to diagnose assertive behavior, ensure you obtain your objectives and understand how to manage others appropriately|
|Motivations||to understand your key motivations and how this impacts your ability to influence others.|
|Social skills and EQ||to learn how we deploy our skills and how our inefficacies create “ouch” points in our interactions|
|Conflict||understand how you change in conflict situations, how that impacts others and how they adapt their approach|
|Conflict Resolution||create a conflict resolution strategy and apply it in enhancing your effectiveness|
|Tactics||a range of tactics to deploy and an understanding of their consequences and likely effectiveness|
|Negotiation Ethics||an understanding of the appropriate ethical framework for negotiation and persuasion|
|Persuasion||how to create persuasive interactions which effectively take people with you|
|Stakeholder Mapping||how to categorize, assess and align stakeholders to your negotiation|
|Negotiation Strategy and Plan||build appropriate and time effective strategies and plans to support the delivery of value to your organization|
|Preparation||how to prepare appropriately for any negotiation|
|Communication||essential elements of clear communication|
Program Delivery & Format
The program is delivered virtually in-class.
- Option 1: complete program with four full day sessions
- Option 2: complete program with eight half-day sessions
We will work with you and your team to create other customized formats to suit individual corporate training needs.
Candidates completing the program in entirety will earn the SC-N designation.
Candidates who have completed either of the two programs listed below have advanced standing towards earning the SC-N designation.
- Supply Chain Management 385 Graduate Certificate through Mohawk College
- Supply Chain Management – Logistics Graduate Certificate through Fanshawe College
Eligible candidates can complete SC-N certification requirements by attending a final capstone workshop. Click below to see available workshop dates and to register.
Simon’s consulting company, Accelor Training, currently delivers the Supplier Relationship Management Program for the Logistics Institute. Candidates completing this program will earn the Logistics Institute’s SC-SRM designation.
Subject Matter Expert: Simon Brown, BSc MBA CMC CTDP MAPM P.Log
Simon has delivered supply chain transformation projects in a broad range of industries. His experience leading clients through challenging sourcing and transformation projects positioned him to be able to provide the optimum SRM toolset using a combination of best practice and academic research to managing Supplier Relationships.
Simon’s industry experience spans sectors, including FMCG, Healthcare, Retail, Financial & Insurance, Mining, and Oil & Gas.
Supply Chain Management
– Led three year SCM transformation creating and redefining entire supply chain from source of supply through to
customers. Redefining all relationships and implementing new ERP and SCM systems.
– Developed automated materials handling operation reducing invoice time from 30 days to real time
– Retrained and refocused strategic change team to deliver cross business change programs
– Created online training academy leveraging focused assessed modules
– Conducted over 200 supplier reviews building out methodology to assess and evaluate the true value derived from
suppliers and their interactions.
– Restructured a number of supplier markets including coffee and tea, Italian specialty, candy and pies
– Served as lead consultant supporting oil and gas team transform their Strategic Procurement operations
– Developed training academy for mid sized Gas organization, improved employee retention and promotability
– Led evaluation of supplier performance and relationship and spearheaded new methodology to enhance supplier value proposition
– Conducted contract reviews troubleshooting issues and resolving them with suppliers
A Graduate of Portsmouth University (UK) with an Masters in Business Administration and a P.Log, he is passionate about maximizing the value each individual gets from their interactions.
All professional designations are owned and maintained by the Logistics Community of Interest under the stewardship of the Logistics Institute. Professional designations are registered trademarks of the Logistics Institute.
The SC-N™ designation belongs to the Logistics Institute as a trademarked asset. SC-N™ professionals are members of the Logistics Institute. Earning the SC-N™ designation entails successful completion of the Effective Negotiation Skills program, which is designed to meet the certification requirements set by the Professional Review Board of the Logistics Institute. All program content is developed by partners, who own and deliver that content under license to the Logistics Institute.
Designations must be renewed on an annual basis for continued use of the trademark. The professional year for all designations runs from November 1 – October 31.
|P.Log Members||Auto-Renewed with P.Log Renewal|
The Logistics Institute has the mandate to foster business, trade and economic developments between and among supply chain logistics professionals to sustain global trade built on an even playing field, led by competent and ethical certified professionals, based on the fundamental conviction that global trade can only be sustained at the human level by practitioners and professionals who are capable of building trust.