By completing this program, participants will earn the LS [Logistics Specialist] designation.
The LS is a public statement of competence in the fundamentals for a career in logistics and supply chain management.
This program is designed for logisticians working in tactical and supervisory careers, as well as for those aspiring to future managerial positions. The LS program creates a foundation for a successful career in logistics and supply chain management. At the end of the program, LS professionals are equipped with the problem-solving skills necessary to succeed in the 21st century supply chain landscape.
The Logistics Specialist program consists of core modules in the Essentials Series, Frontline Logistics and Integrated Logistics Networks. The program is completely online and accessed through an e-Learning account, created automatically for you when you register for a module. Estimated time to complete the program is 1-3 months.
An official tax receipt will be issued for income tax purposes for module fees paid, as allowed by the CRA.
- 5 lessons (Online)
- Build basic knowledge and skill sets in logistics and supply chain
- Address specific knowledge gaps and hone current skills
- Provide operations staff with baseline training on supply chain operations
- By progressing through the five modules, an integrated picture of logistics and supply chain is developed
- Choose 5 of 14 lessons (Online)
- Develop the tools to solve the problems facing your organization
- Build your basic skill set in logistics and the supply chain
- Expand your résumé and knowledge base
- Improve your employment opportunities
- Address specific knowledge gaps and hone your established skills
- Attain knowledge in specific areas of supply chain management
Integrated Logistics Networks
- How to design the optimal network
- How an appropriate distribution channel can be selected for their organization
- How to decide upon the appropriate trade-offs between transportation, warehousing and inventory costs in the logistics supply chain using modeling techniques
Breakdown (Per Module)
|Integrated Logistics Networks||$651.00|
You can register per module, or for the whole program. Click on the “Learn More” links above to enroll in individual modules.
All professional designations are owned and maintained by the Logistics Community of Interest under the stewardship of the Logistics Institute. Professional designations are registered trademarks of the Logistics Institute.
The LS™ designation belongs to the Logistics Institute as a trademarked asset. LS™ professionals are members of the Logistics Institute. Earning the LS™ designation entails successful completion of the Logistics Specialist program, which is designed to meet the certification requirements set by the Professional Review Board of the Logistics Institute. All program content is developed and owned by The Logistics Institute.
Designations must be renewed on an annual basis for continued use of the trademark. The professional year for all designations runs from November 1 – October 31.
|P.Log Members||Auto-Renewed with P.Log Renewal|