Rules of Engagement
Policy for Group Activities & Standards of Professional Conduct
The Logistics Institute seeks to foster a community on the principles of professional courtesy, mutual respect, accountability, diversity and inclusion.
We are expected to act as professionals at all times. Respect is essential to professional conduct. It amounts to professional courtesy. In sessions where participants are engaging in collaborative learning experiences in groups, working with other industry professionals, participants must maintain standards of professional conduct.
All participants in the group have the right to learn and work in a safe environment, and the responsibility to actively contribute to maintain a safe environment.
At all times, participants are expected to
- Maintain a professional demeanour.
- Refrain from any remarks of a personal nature directed at someone.
- Refrain from any remarks about race, ethnicity, gender, or of a sexual nature.
- Cultivate knowledge about other cultures.
- Ensure your group sessions are a safe environment for all members, free from harassment or judgment.
- Maintain an awareness about interpretation: for example, where someone may think they are being humorous, someone else may consider those remarks offensive.
- Actions, words, jokes, or comments based on an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or any other legally protected characteristic will not be tolerated.
- Refrain from taking photos or audio/video recordings of other group members without permission: this is prohibited.
Please note that offensive and inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated: The Logistics Institute and its agents reserve the right to remove from the group any participant engaging in unprofessional conduct. We are committed to providing a professional community environment free of discrimination and harassment.