This program helps you build your capabilities to strategically plan for, and manage, all interactions with suppliers (third-party organizations that supply goods or services to an organization). The emphasis is on managing relationships, and not on managing suppliers, to maximize the value of those interactions.
Helping you develop a deeper understanding of the complexity of business eco-systems, it sharpens your systems-thinking mindset to enable you to engage effectively in complex SCL systems. Further, to boost your own success and development as well as the value you bring to your company, it rounds out your personal skills in leadership, collaboration and decision-making.
This program is recommended for candidates with management/supervisory responsibilities, or responsible for your organization’s suppliers, individually or as part of a team.
Credential Earned: P.Log.
- Gain a template and skills to plan and manage supplier relationships
- Learn current business approaches that include relationship dynamics, psychology and analytics.
- Sharpen your awareness of strategic, customer and market perspectives
- Broaden your knowledge of the key drivers of competitive advantage: cost and differentiation
- Improve your decision-making by examining your values and leadership style
- Become a more effective leader by gaining a better understanding of your values and motivations
- This is a self-directed online program, consisting of four self-directed modules.
- You are given 8 weeks to complete each module.
- Average time commitment is four hours per week per module.
- Take breaks between modules, or continue to work through them in tandem.
- The certification process (all modules) must be completed within 1½ years or less.
- There are no pre-requisites for enrolling.
- Start Date: a new cohort starts on the 1st weekday of every month.
This program has four modules:
|MODULE 1: |
Supplier Relationship Management
|• Supply Market Analysis|
• Product Analysis
• Category of Supply
|• Supplier Marketing|
• Supplier Diagnostics
|• Metrics and KPIs
• Measuring Value
• Assertive Behaviour
|MODULE 2: |
Supply Chain Business Strategies
|• Strategic POV: Competitive Advantage|
• Market Dynamics
• Disruption: Amazon Effect
|• E-Commerce and e-Supply Chain Logistics |
• Perspectives: strategic, customer-based,
market and trade-off
|• Values and decision-making|
• Influence on behaviour
|• Leading teams with multiple perspectives |
• Making right [ethical]/good [economic] decisions
|MODULE 4: |
Personal Leadership Strategies
|• Critical leadership: power, influence and action|
• Being a Change Agent
|• Leadership issues: sustainability |
and organizational resistance
By successfully completing this program, you will earn the P.Log Designation. Earning the P.Log designation entails the successful completion of a certification program designed to meet the certification requirements set by the Professional Review Board of the Logistics Institute. All program content is developed and owned by The Logistics Institute, wholly or in partnership with industry experts.
P.Log professionals are members of the Logistics Institute. The P.Log designation is owned and maintained by the Logistics Community of Interest under the stewardship of the Logistics Institute. The P.Log designation is a registered trademark of the Logistics Institute, and each individual earning the designation must renew it on an annual basis for continued use of the designation.
The annual professional year runs from November 1 – October 31.
|Annual Professional Fee||$495.00|