Policies & Procedures
Cancellation within 14 days of session start:
- No refunds.
- Transferring to another session is allowed. A transfer fee will be applicable depending on cost incurred by Institute on behalf of the candidate.
Cancellation before 14 days of session start:
- Refundable, less 5% administrative charge.
No refunds for lack of participation and/or not completing the program.
No refunds once access to a module has been provided.
No refunds for incomplete modules or lack of participation in modules.
Registration is valid for one year from date of purchase.
- Candidates may defer their start date by up to one year, after which a module will be marked incomplete.
- After one year, and up to two years, 50% of the fees will be required to regain access.
- After 2 years, participants will need to re-enroll.
For full-program enrollments:
No refunds once access to a module has been provided.
Remaining modules (where access has not yet been provided) are refundable for one year from date of purchase, less 5% admin charge.
- Module extensions (once started):
- Candidates can request two module deadline extensions free of charge, after which
- $65 admin fee per extension (we’ll need a product for this, Emily)
CLARIFICATION OF TERMINOLOGY:
Access to an online program/module is considered to be provided once
- login credentials to your e-learning account have been provided, and
- program/module purchased has been added to the e-learning account.
*** Access starts when access to the course has been provided, not when you launch/start the course.
The Logistics Institute reserves the right to cancel any program/module at any time.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of The Logistics Institute’s Website.
The Logistics Institute is located at:
501 Alliance Ave – Suite 405
Toronto, ON M6N 2J1, Canada
By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use The Logistics Institute’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Canada. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, The Logistics Institute and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on The Logistics Institute. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://www.loginstitute.ca for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You Must Not:
- Republish material from http://www.loginstitute.ca
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://www.loginstitute.ca
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://www.loginstitute.ca
Redistribute content from The Logistics Institute (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. The Logistics Institute does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of The Logistics Institute, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws The Logistics Institute shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- The Logistics Institute reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You hereby grant to The Logistics Institute a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavourably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of The Logistics Institute; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of The Logistics Institute’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any link to our Website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website or any linked website objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third-party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Definitions, Objective and Scope of Policy: The Logistics Institute is committed to protecting your privacy. The following policy describes how The Logistics Institute collects, stores, uses and distributes information about visitors to the website.
Collection of Information: Two types of information may be collected through the website: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
Personal Information This site may request personally identifiable data from you (“personal information”), which may include your email address, and other personal information such as your address, telephone number, etc., and in the case of online transactions through the secure site “Internet Secure”, credit card numbers and expiration date. In addition our web server may automatically recognize and store your domain name when you log into our site or the email address of those who communicate with us via email. The Logistics Institute endeavors to do its best to protect the privacy of your personal information and will not use this information except in connection with your use of this website and the Logistics Institute’s services. We may use your email address to send you information concerning the organization and this website, unless you advise us that you do not wish to receive this information.
The Logistics Institute collects Personal Information through program registration, membership applications, renewals, and so on.
Non-Personal Information is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation), number of visitors, what pages are accessed or visited, average time spent on a web page, and information volunteered by the user, such as survey information, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
Business contact information such as the name, title, business address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information is collected or derived by The Logistics Institute in the course of operating the website. For example, The Logistics Institute’s web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through a user’s browser or stored as a Cookie when a user chooses to visit the website.
Disclosure of Information: The Logistics Institute will not transfer Personal Information to third parties or any party outside the Community of P.Log Certified Professionals.
From time to time The Logistics Institute may employ third parties to conduct surveys. These third parties may have limited access to Service-related databases containing user information solely for the purpose of helping The Logistics Institute to improve its products and services and such third parties will not be able to use the information about users for any other purpose.
Security: The security of each user’s Personal Information is important to The Logistics Institute. The Logistics Institute uses commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain user’s Personal Information in a secure environment. The Logistics Institute takes technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect Personal Information that users provide to The Logistics Institute. The Logistics Institute has implemented procedures so that your Personal Information is only made available to such designated staff as are necessary to carry out the stated purposes that The Logistics Institute has communicated to its users.
Retention: The Logistics Institute will keep each user’s Personal Information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of its relationship with the User.
If a user requests that his/her name be removed from The Logistics Institute’s databases, it may not be possible to completely delete all of the user’s Personal Information due to technological and legal constraints.
The European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR: With acknowledgement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), CPLI will provision the following rights when handling data of European subjects:
1. Information – The right to information requires data controllers to give individuals certain information about the processing of their personal data.
2. Access – The right to obtain details of any personal data used for profiling, including the categories of data used to construct a profile.
3. Rectification – The right, taking into account the purpose of the processing, to provide a supplementary statement where a profile derived from a statistics outcome differs from the actual profile of the subject.
4. Objection – The right to object to processing of personal data.
5. Restriction – The right to restriction of processing of personal data.
6. Right to be forgotten – Also referred as the right to erasure as it includes both the right to have the data erased and the right to delisting in certain circumstances.
7. Right to data portability – The right of an individual to receive personal data that he/she has provided to the data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance.
A user’s continued use of the website signifies his/her acceptance of any changes.
Access and Accuracy: Each User has the right to access his/her Personal Information to verify the Personal Information that The Logistics Institute has collected in respect to such User.
The Logistics Institute will make every reasonable effort to keep each User’s Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and The Logistics Institute will enable each User to revise his/her Personal Information as appropriate. Having accurate Personal Information about Users enables The Logistics Institute to give Users the best possible service.
Users can help by keeping The Logistics Institute informed of any changes such as a change of location or personal details. If a User would like to access his/her Personal Information, or if a User finds any errors in that Personal Information, please contact The Logistics Institute at: firstname.lastname@example.org The Logistics Institute will endeavor to deal with such requests in a timely manner.