The People Stream
Next cohort begins March 8, 2024
The People Stream focuses on developing your "why". Explore what values are important to you, how can you leverage your values into building effective, collaborative teams, and how you use the context around you to inform your interactions and decisions. You'll explore all of this through practical learning, including video lectures, simulations, and case studies, so you reinforce your learning by applying the concepts in real-time.
Learn about yourself, how you relate to others, how others relate to you, and how to maximize your skillsets, capacities and knowledge in not only your own ongoing success, but in contributing to the success of your organizations.
Transform your career and become a Professional Logistician with the prestigious P.Log. Designation.
This stream is recommended for:
- Those in management and supervisory roles
- Those with process responsibilities (such as: inventory optimization, customer satisfaction)
- Those whose decisions impact the viability of the business unit and/or process
- Those aspiring for the above roles, responsibilities and/or skillsets
Module bundle focused on building your capacity with people.
Program delivered asynchronously and fully online. Complete each of the 4 modules at your own pace.
Completing this stream results in earning the prestigious P.Log DesignationView full details
Or start with one module:
The People Stream program contains the following 4 modules. You can register for single modules.
All modules must be completed to earn the P.Log Designation.
- Enhance your decision-making skills by examining your values and leadership style
- Understand and develop your own values and motivations
- Integrate your motivations into your own success, and the success of your organization
- Build effective, collaborative teams
- Use context to inform your interactions and decisions
The P.Log™️ Designation
By successfully completing any of our programs, you will earn the P.Log Designation and become a professional member of the Logistics Institute.
Earning your P.Log is about more than training - it is a declaration, verified by a third party, that not only are you competent and capable, but that you excel. From frontline employees, all the way to C-Suite, our programs focus on honing, developing and building the skills you've always had, but never thought to focus on. Using a combination of licensed and proprietary content, P.Log Certification Programs push you outside of your comfort zone, and help you discover the leader you were always meant to be.
The P.Log designation is owned and maintained by the Logistics Community of Interest under the stewardship of the Logistics Institute. The P.Log designation is a registered trademark of the Logistics Institute, and each individual earning the designation must renew it on an annual basis for continued use of the designation.
This program contains 4 fully online modules.
It is recommended you take each module in sequence.
Supply Chain Strategies - Business
This module helps you explore Supply Chain Logistics as a business enabler, revenue driver and competitive differentiator, starting with the two key factors in competitive advantage – cost and differentiation. It helps you build a strategic thinking mindset focused on market differentiation, the demand for operational efficiencies and global competitiveness.
Explore strategies to develop your organizations competitive advantage and maximize customer value creation.
Applying your own experiences to the learning, you will build a portfolio using the workbook provided. Content is designed to help you meet the challenges of 21st Century SCL eco-systems.
The Logistics Management module builds on your skills in:
- Supply chain management: alignment and process mapping
- SCL Process Integration
- Competition: market dynamics and customer value creation
- Globalization: supply chain logistics as a global reality
Values & Leadership
"Find your why" in this module focused on helping you to understand how values plays a foundational role in all aspects of your organization and career.
This module looks at the following topics:
- Values and decision-making
- Influence on behaviour
- Importance of credibility to leadership
- Leading teams with multiple perspectives
- Making right [ethical]/good [economic] decisions
Leading to Succeed
Explore how you lead, regardless of your title or position. Explore topics like:
- Leadership issues: sustainability and organizational resistance
- Critical leadership: power, influence and action
- Being a Change Agent
Questions about the program or content?
Format & FAQs
How do I register?
- Select your option from below (bundle/full program, or module-by-module).
- Select "Add to Cart" and follow the checkout process.
- Access to your learning platform will be made available 1 business day after registration.
What is the format of the program?
- Four (4) self-directed modules.
- Information presented through readings, videos.
- Show your learning through submitting workbooks that require you to apply the knowledge you've learned.
- You can take the modules back-to-back or take a break between modules.
What if I need a break between modules?
Go ahead! The full program must be completed within 2 years of starting, but that leaves time if you hit a busy season and need a break.
What is the time commitment for the program?
- We recommend 4hrs per week, for 4 weeks for each module.
- Regardless of your program option, all modules must be completed within 1 year.
- Start any time.
- Four (4) self-directed modules available 24/7, whenever you need them.
Are there prerequisites?
- No pre-requisites to starting.
- 5-years experience required for receipt of designation.
Do you provide tax receipts?
- Yes! A receipt for your payment will be provided during tax season for you to submit to the CRA with your income taxes.
- Please note, as we are not an educational institution, the tax form is not a T2202A.